Thursday, January 5, 2012

Christmas in "The South" Day 5

It was time for Melissa to get back to work Thursday, so while Domonique watched AJ we took Eric's mom and went exploring on our own. 
Since Melissa only lives 10 minutes from the South Carolina boarder I figured might as well take a quick drive and say I have been to South Carolina.

We stopped to grab some souvenirs and I saw a giant rack of heads, ewwwww.  As cool as I thought it would be to bring all my friends back one of these adorable little heads I could not bring myself to touch them.  So shot glasses and piggy banks it is.

After our travels to South Carolina we headed back downtown to make reservations at The Lady and Sons, Paula Deen's restaurant.  They couldn't get such a large party in until much later that night so we stopped for lunch at Moon River Brewing Company.  I though fried green tomatoes would be the perfect southern lunch.  I have never had them before and they had a very firm texture I was not expecting. Topped with crab salad and a tasty cucumber wasabi sauce, they were delicious.   

By this time it was getting late in the afternoon and we figured we better get back to Melissa's house before she got home from work so we headed back with a quick stop at the worlds largest Great Dane. I never miss a worlds largest photo op.

On the way back we caught sight of a big rig that had turned a corner to fast and flipped over, not something you see everyday.

Back at the house, I hung out with mocha cub while Melissa and Domonique got ready for dinner. He loves his auntie white lady, as Melissa calls me. :-)

Back downtown for dinner at Paula Deen's restaurant, The Lady and Sons. Not only does it have a Paula Dean store, but the restaurant itself is three stories.  We had dinner on the third floor.

Eric and his mom posing with her life size cutout.  I thought she would be taller and fatter with all that butter she loves so much.

Melissa, Eric, Misty, Kim, Domonique, Michelle, Tim and AJ all having dinner.  The menu was on the small side but they did serve dinners as well as a Southern Buffet so we all had the Southern Buffet which consisted of fried chicken, ribs, greens, mac & cheese, creamed corn, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, green beans and salad.  I tried a piece of Eric's fried chicken and it was finger lickin good, but since it is on the bone and I'm not a fan of chicken on the bone I didn't eat a piece myself. 
Everything else was very very good. No butter or salt needed. :-)  A great dinner to end a great day.  

2 comments:

  1. No salt needed???? that must have been super salty food, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah no kidding, I didn't need salt so you know it was some salty stuff.

    ReplyDelete