Sunday, January 8, 2012

I could so be a cooking blog.... If I wanted to!

I had some extra time this weekend so I decided to do an experiment.  If I wanted to be a cooking blog, could I pull it off? We are about to find out. What better recipe to try this with than my much loved cheesy potatoes. So here it goes!

Misty's super duper scrumptious cheesy potatoes.

First we start with a variety of ingredients.  You will need potatoes, onion, garlic, whipping cream, cooking cream, sour cream, butter and the key ingredient Velveeta.  I suggest not to go generic on the Velveeta, some things just do not taste the same. 

Start by peeling and washing each potato.

Next you want to slice each potato into medium sized rounds.


Place potato slices in a large pot and cover with water, season with a little onion, garlic salt and seasoned pepper.  
 
`
Bring potatoes and spices to a boil until potatoes are fork tender, once the potatoes are done use a colander to drain the water.

  
While potatoes drain chop onion, and cut Velveeta into cubes. 

  
Saute garlic and onion in sauce pan until onions are tender.  Add whipping cream and Velveeta then cook on medium heat until melted and combined.

Once cheese is melted, mix in the cooking cream and sour cream, stir well. 
While cheese mixture melts, place drained potatoes in a casserole dish and cover with shredded cheddar jack cheese. Add a little salt and pepper to taste. 

Next pour melted cheese mixture over potatoes. 

Cover with foil and bake 30-45 minutes at 350*

 Remove from oven, uncover, cool and serve. YUM!!

So this would be the part where I list the recipe measurements, but one tiny detail, I don't measure anything.  I'm sure I could make a pretty good guess, so if you just can't live without the recipe let me know and I will send you measurements.



No comments:

Post a Comment